IT’S BOTH CURVES IN THE REAL ESTATE MARKET DIAGRAM, STUPID: HISTORY, SUPPLY- AND DEMAND-SIDE HOUSING POLICIES IN MANHATTAN. MY BLOG POST FOR NEP-HIS THIS WEEK. In an island worth $825 billion dollars, a mixture of technical expertise and political willingness to act both in favor of people’s right to a decent home on the demand-side and against created interests on the supply-side are rather necessary to solve the urgent housing problems of New York City, which have only aggravated since the beginning of the Great Recession.
The blogEconomic and financial history of the US and Latin America, with occasional twists of global history, history of economic thought and the history of economics as a discipline and profession, rants about life and its randomness, and reflections on impermanence and interconnectedness. Enjoy.
- RT @arielronid: @joefrancis505 As I show in my book (thanks for the promo Joe!), they even tanked the Morrill land grant act, which would'v… 4 hours ago
- RT @arielronid: @joefrancis505 Joe, some good points here but slaveholders said all kinds of things, including ones I quoted. The strict co… 4 hours ago
- RT @arielronid: Also thanks to @southernphd for consulting about my speculations re Calhoun's musical tastes, or rather lack thereof, and f… 4 hours ago
- RT @arielronid: Wrote about John C. Calhoun's surprisingly relevant monetary thought, austerity politics and infrastructure spending. Wante… 4 hours ago
- RT @PatrickIber: Ah, well, nevertheless (Urquidi was a progressive economist) https://t.co/fMVVPBfyDJ 14 hours ago
CategoriesBusiness History Economic, Business and Financial History Economic History Economics Financial History Fiscal History Historical Interpretations and Methods History History of Economics History of Entertainment History of Food History of Religion History of Science Fiction History of Technology International, Transnational, Global, and Comparative History Land History Monetary History Uncategorized
- Anuncio / Announcement / Announce / Ankündigung
- 8,106 posts después / 8,106 posts later
- Presentación de libro: Susan Deans-Smith, “Burócratas, cosecheros y trabajadores. La formación del monopolio de tabaco en la Nueva España borbónica” (México, 4 de noviembre de 2015)
- Seminario: Los contribuyentes en la fiscalidad mexicana: trayectorias y perfiles (Xalapa, 22 de octubre de 2015)
- Eh.net Book Review: The Oxford Handbook of the Italian Economy since Unification
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.