IT’S BOTH CURVES IN THE REAL ESTATE MARKET DIAGRAM, STUPID: HISTORY, SUPPLY- AND DEMAND-SIDE HOUSING POLICIES IN MANHATTAN. MY BLOG POST FOR NEP-HIS THIS WEEK. In an island worth $825 billion dollars, a mixture of technical expertise and political willingness to act both in favor of people’s right to a decent home on the demand-side and against created interests on the supply-side are rather necessary to solve the urgent housing problems of New York City, which have only aggravated since the beginning of the Great Recession.
The blogEconomic and financial history of the US and Latin America, with occasional twists of global history, history of economic thought and the history of economics as a discipline and profession, rants about life and its randomness, and reflections on impermanence and interconnectedness. Enjoy.
- Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy. Only direct action can. washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-h… 6 hours ago
- Alt-Right, Alt-Left, Antifa: A Glossary of Extremist Language via @NYTimes nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/… 6 hours ago
- New Citizens Hold Their Heads High, 102 Floors Above New York via @NYTimes nytimes.com/2017/08/15/nyr… 6 hours ago
- Taylor Swift Spoke Up. Sexual Assault Survivors Were Listening. via @NYTimes nytimes.com/2017/08/15/art… 6 hours ago
- Why the Nazis Came to Charlottesville via @NYTimes nytimes.com/2017/08/14/opi… 6 hours ago
CategoriesBusiness History Economic, Business and Financial History Economic History Economics Financial History Fiscal History Historical Interpretations and Methods History History of Economics History of Entertainment History of Food History of Religion History of Science Fiction History of Technology International, Transnational, Global, and Comparative History Land History Monetary History Uncategorized
- Anuncio / Announcement / Announce / Ankündigung
- 8,106 posts después / 8,106 posts later
- Presentación de libro: Susan Deans-Smith, “Burócratas, cosecheros y trabajadores. La formación del monopolio de tabaco en la Nueva España borbónica” (México, 4 de noviembre de 2015)
- Seminario: Los contribuyentes en la fiscalidad mexicana: trayectorias y perfiles (Xalapa, 22 de octubre de 2015)
- Eh.net Book Review: The Oxford Handbook of the Italian Economy since Unification
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.