IT’S BOTH CURVES IN THE REAL ESTATE MARKET DIAGRAM, STUPID: HISTORY, SUPPLY- AND DEMAND-SIDE HOUSING POLICIES IN MANHATTAN. MY BLOG POST FOR NEP-HIS THIS WEEK. In an island worth $825 billion dollars, a mixture of technical expertise and political willingness to act both in favor of people’s right to a decent home on the demand-side and against created interests on the supply-side are rather necessary to solve the urgent housing problems of New York City, which have only aggravated since the beginning of the Great Recession.
The blogEconomic and financial history of the US and Latin America, with occasional twists of global history, history of economic thought and the history of economics as a discipline and profession, rants about life and its randomness, and reflections on impermanence and interconnectedness. Enjoy.
- RT @carlosmartinezv: 😂😂😂😂 PRInder twitter.com/monerorictus/s… 1 day ago
- Without Saying ‘Trump,’ George W. Bush Delivers an Implicit Rebuke via @NYTimes nytimes.com/2017/10/19/us/… 2 days ago
- RT @eledece: The trade deficit is not destroying jobs, but tearing up NAFTA will brook.gs/2ijgHJy vía @BrookingsInst 2 days ago
- RT @NateSilver538: https://t.co/pesXvLpcsP 3 days ago
- RT @WGoetzmann: Artist Sarah Meyohas is doing fascinating art about money, finance & labor. Some truly beautiful as well. https://t.co/en2… 3 days ago
CategoriesBusiness History Economic, Business and Financial History Economic History Economics Financial History Fiscal History Historical Interpretations and Methods History History of Economics History of Entertainment History of Food History of Religion History of Science Fiction History of Technology International, Transnational, Global, and Comparative History Land History Monetary History Uncategorized
- Anuncio / Announcement / Announce / Ankündigung
- 8,106 posts después / 8,106 posts later
- Presentación de libro: Susan Deans-Smith, “Burócratas, cosecheros y trabajadores. La formación del monopolio de tabaco en la Nueva España borbónica” (México, 4 de noviembre de 2015)
- Seminario: Los contribuyentes en la fiscalidad mexicana: trayectorias y perfiles (Xalapa, 22 de octubre de 2015)
- Eh.net Book Review: The Oxford Handbook of the Italian Economy since Unification
- Governance structures and market performance
- Linking the Growth of Globalisation with the Evolution of Transport Technology
- On the Long-term Determinants of Cultural Traits: Family Structures in the Past
- Populism is Back! Why has this happened and why does it matter?
- Knowledge in Mining does matter. But not any Knowledge.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.