- Jonathan Curry-Machado (ed.). Global Histories, Imperial Commodities, Local Interactions.
- Curry-Machado is the coordinator of a very interesting British project, Commodity Histories.
- Commodities in World History, 1450-1950, a website from UC Santa Cruz put together under the supervision of Edmund Burke III.
- Commodities and Anticommodities Project.
- Global Commodities / Trade, Exploration and Cultural Exchange, http://www.globalcommodities.amdigital.co.uk/ and http://www.amdigital.co.uk/m-collections/collection/global-commodities/
- For the twentieth century economic history of Latin American commodities, see José Antonio Ocampo and María Angela Parra. Returning to an Eternal Debate: The Terms of Trade for Commodities in the Twentieth Century.
- For a cultural approach, see Arjun Appadurai. The Social Life of Things: Commodities in Cultural Perspective.
- And the best for the last. From Latin American economic history in the long-run, with a great introduction framing the theoretical issues at hand: Steven Topik, Carlos Marichal, Zephyr Frank. From Silver to Cocaine: Latin American Commodity Chains and the Building of the World Economy, 1500-2000. Best book in the market on the issue from a regional perspective.